What kind of visa do I need?

As an international student, you will need an F-1 student visa. The F-1 student visa allows you to legally enter the United States and attend college full time. It also allows you to have a student job on campus.

Once you’ve been admitted to Occidental and have paid your commitment deposit, we’ll provide all of the paperwork that you will need to apply for the F-1 visa. We will get this paperwork to you in mid-May. That leaves ample time for you to make appointments with the appropriate immigration offices. 

If for some reason you need this process to be expedited, please send a request by email to

Learn More



Collins House
1600 Campus Road
Los Angeles, CA 90041

Phone: (323) 259-2700
or (800) 825-5262
Fax: (323) 341-4875